The Finance and Administration Department is in charge of coordinating all
activities undertaken by the Commission.
It is also responsible for providing optimal delivery of support
services and logistics to facilitate the work of the Commission and is composed
of the following five Units:-
- Administration and Finance
- Human Resource management
- Office supervision
The main activities undertaken by the Finance and Administration Department headed by the Under Secretary include:-
- Supervise the discharge of administrative, procurement, planning and
finance functions of the Commission.
- Ensure timely preparation of annual budget estimates of the Commission
in liaison with the Accounts Section and other Section Heads.
- Ensure availability, distribution and effective utilization of
- Ensure adherence to Government financial procurement and administrative
laws and regulations.
- Supervise timely preparation and submission of annual and quarterly work
plans of the Commission.
- Monitor the Commission Assets, Assets Stores and Disposal Registers.
- Monitor efficient utilization of released funds.
- Oversee staff welfare issues in the Commission and chair the Finance
- Supervise and appraise performance of staff below Commissioner level.
- Co-ordinate audit queries responses in liaison with Accounts and other
- Deputise the Secretary, ULC in his/her absence.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Secretary.
Finance & Administration