Lost or destroyed titles

Lost or destroyed titlesWhen you buy a property, you get a certificate of title, which is a paper copy of an entry in the land register/system.

If you have a mortgage, the bank holds the paper copy until your loan is paid out. When there is no longer a mortgage over the property, you will need to register a discharge of mortgage at Uganda Land Commission. Your title will be updated in the System/register and you will receive a paper certificate of title to reflect this.

If you lose your paper certificate of title or it is destroyed you can apply for a replacement. You may require the services of a lawyer or licensed conveyance to prepare the application. Detailed evidence and appropriate supporting documents are required.

Hunting for men